Skip to content
Profile Photo

WTMO-News

• Public Group
  • 15 hours, 8 minutes ago

Members

People over the age of 30 tend to stop listening to new music.

Home Forums We Talk Music Online WTMO-News People over the age of 30 tend to stop listening to new music.

last updated by DEHN 6 months ago
5 voices
6 replies
  • Author
      We Talk Music Online
      Keymaster

According to a recent study conducted by Deezer, a music streaming service, people over the age of 30 tend to stop listening to new music. The study, which surveyed over 1,000 participants, found that on average, individuals stop actively seeking out new music at the age of 30, and instead stick to the genres and artists they are already familiar with.

While this may come as no surprise to some, it does raise questions about the role of music in our lives and how our tastes develop over time. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the study’s findings and explore some possible reasons why people may stop seeking out new music after the age of 30.

The Deezer study found that over 60% of participants claimed to have stopped actively seeking out new music by the time they turned 30. This is in contrast to the younger age groups surveyed, where the majority of participants reported discovering new music on a regular basis.

There are a number of possible explanations for this trend. One possibility is that people become more set in their ways as they get older, and are less open to exploring new genres or artists. This could be due to a variety of factors, including a decrease in free time or a greater emphasis on other priorities such as family or work.

Another factor that could contribute to this trend is the sheer volume of music available today. With millions of songs available at the click of a button, it can be overwhelming for some people to navigate the vast landscape of new music. This can lead to a sense of paralysis or indecision, which may in turn discourage people from actively seeking out new music.

It’s also worth considering the role that nostalgia plays in our musical preferences. As we get older, we may be more likely to associate certain songs or genres with specific periods in our lives, such as our teenage years or early adulthood. This can create a sense of emotional attachment to certain artists or genres, which may make it difficult to fully embrace new music.

Despite these trends, it’s important to remember that music can have a profound impact on our lives and our emotional well-being. Whether we’re discovering new artists or revisiting old favorites, music can help us connect with others, express our emotions, and find meaning in our experiences.

In conclusion, while the Deezer study may suggest that people over 30 are less likely to actively seek out new music, it’s important to remember that our musical preferences are complex and multifaceted. Whether we’re exploring new genres or revisiting old favorites, music can continue to enrich our lives well into our later years.

People over the age of 30 tend to stop listening to new music.

MAXXIO
      Participant

What!? Noooo, those are not any longer living human beings then… 🤪

AFL

Lol I read that somewhere too but that hasn’t been my experience. It’s not to say that at 40 I don’t enjoy listening to music I’ve enjoyed throughout my life the majority of what I listen to is new music. The same goes for my wife and most people I know.

I feel like this statement applies more to the boomer generation.

We Talk Music Online
      Keymaster

Well its in the numbers, its just hard to swallow.  🙂

Techno wa better before money techno

Dubstep was better before Brostep

Don’t you guys tell me you haven’t heard that countless times before.

SCHEPPERZ

Good post! I am with that result. I stopped doing that too long before Spotify and what have you existed. I just like to listen to my music library (6300+ items, which equals about 174 days straight listening).

DEHN

Most people are, Like I said the numbers don’t lie. But you can also be sure that people who make music are probably much more divided. There is no denial in all these years we have known eahc other, that we have heard on the facebook + discord that the music was just better in the 90’s, or Its just money techno. The problem is that the new generation loves that stuff. So the music is not bad, it’s just not what we have grown up with and got memories with and all that stuff that comes in play when listening to music.

DEHN

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

News & Updates from We Talk Music Online

Group Administrators

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.