• 15 hours, 32 minutes ago

Members

Temple01 – Watch the House

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Temple01 – Watch the House

5 voices
10 replies
  • Author
      Temple01

So really getting into the DnB vibes this year and this i think has done me well learning something new with some of the synths i use and new stuff in Ableton especially chopping up stuff i by chance found that when i chop a sample up in simpler, can then convert it to a drum rack this is soo cool especially for vocal chops if want to pitch certain chops etc.. or for breaks, anyhows new track i been working on bit of a DnB meets Jazz vibe i guess your comments and advice always welcome thanks…T

PR23
      Participant

loving this!

Personally I’d lose the jazzy trumpet? sample.  Nothing stands out mixwise, it’s all good! no comments really…At the end of my DJing years ( 98-2000) I was playing Jungle and Drum and bass,  so I like this.

P.S. your kid’s track ‘Euphoria’ is cool! My daughter is learning piano and she really likes it, best of luck to him.

Hushed Tones
      Participant

Love this!

Snare sounds a tiny bit loud. Perc at 2:06 is sharp to the ears a bit, maybe some peak EQ. Kick seems to be getting a bit lost during more beefy parts of the song. Pretty stoked about this tune, excellent job!!!

Temple01

Hi Paul Thanks for listen i think you are right about that jazzy sax i will try something different think it needs to be a bit darker and more synth thanks for listen

Temple01

Hi Alex Many thanks for the listen and pointers i will have a look at these for sure

SCHEPPERZ

For me the saxophone works fine and I really enjoyed this track Tim – very well done. I do really think you’ve found your genre and your typical style fits so well with DnB. Mix wise pretty good sounding. Those stereo effects are a bit too loud compared to the saxophone but the overall vibe in this track implicit the producer had a lot of fun 🙂

Temple01

Hi Micheal Thankyou for listening i did really enjoy this track and i kinda felt it needed some kinda horns/sax to play between those stab sounds to give interest i have tried to see if there is an alternative but i just keep feeling the sax on it so will prob keep them in, i want it to have a slight touch of something that just fits with the vibe, thanks for pointer i was using a new reverb on those stabs which i have turned down a bit as think they were a bit loud but its getting there, thanks for listening and help mate..T

Temple01

Hi All bit of an update on this one, i addressed and few issues with the hats i made louder in mix slightly and some eq on hats and the dnb percs, i slightly lowered the snare vol too. I added a subtle sub bass to the Reese bass sound that comes in on drop 1 this i wanted to slightly strengthen the feel of this bass with more low end and very subtle distortion, i adjusted a few of the volumes on the synthy bass parts to make them more equal in the mix, i lowered the vol of the reverb FX on the stabs and adjusted these with the sax parts vol to. thanks for listen and help

We Talk Music Online
        Keymaster

Man that bass is good. Maybe the wrerm wrerm wop wop is to wide and feels a bit disconnected and loud compared to the rest.  But damn what a track, and the overall sound is really good

Temple01

thanks Piv i will take a look at that part and try and make its sterio width. more central and bring it vol down a touch, i did actually bring this part up in vol from the 1st version but maybe i overcooked it a bit thanks for listen and help buddy ..T

We Talk Music Online
          Keymaster

So you perfectly understood the “wrerm wrerm wop wop” hahaha, It’s a great track and it was the only thing that was standing out

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.