Members

Static Corn – Corn Fields

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Static Corn – Corn Fields

last updated by DEHN 4 months ago
6 voices
21 replies
  • Author
      DEHN

So I’m back in the Psytrance chair trying to make some oldschool scandinavian dark progressive.

This is one of the parts, there are 3, one on/off beat bass, one triplet, and then this one that is just full throttle (relax Ian, its only 135bpm I know) But does it sound like drugs and dark Scandinavian forests?

DEHN

And this is what is going to be the first part of the track somehow

SCHEPPERZ

I really dig the vibe, Piv 👍The kick is missing a lot of power down there, though. I really thought my headphones are broken at first. But now my problem is, the more I listen, the less this effect becomes. The open hat pattern got a bit repetive, even after that short time period and somewhat lacked a bit of reverb / delay. Nevertheless for me it’s clearly Goa respectively Psy and those stereo effects were really cool. Hope that helps 🙂

DEHN

New kick coming up later, more pointy and more sub

The Matt Schulz
      Participant

It sounds like Ticon and Son Kite raped Shiva Chandra and this the baby … in a good way … please finish this thing.

We Talk Music Online
        Keymaster

Hahaha thx, it is going to be finished. It’s an old friend who released me in 2006 that is rising his label from the ashes and wants all us old ones to bring back some of the magic from back then on a compilation. So yeah it is already signed

The Matt Schulz
      Participant
      Temple01

Hey Piv Nice vibes on this great candy effex i prefered the 2nd one for the bassline seems cleaner i think as you already know the Kick needs more but great start here

DEHN

So here is part one and two with the new kick

SCHEPPERZ

Way better now – really felt that low end on my chest 👍 Perfect timing for introducing the vocal as (and that’s the only thing) these chirp-ish sounds in the first part got a bit repetitive. Not so for the rest of the track 🙂 That transition at 3:00 or so was really nice and you made a perfect cliffhanger as the ending lol. It was a bit abrupt so to speak 🙂 Super update 🤘

DEHN

Well haven’t really done anything to the structure its just two loop ideas for the track, the bridge was just there to keep the separated. Focusing on the bass and kick, and when they are done, it’s time to make the journey and less boring.

Thx for the listen. Impressive what happens when you actually makes your kick two octaves higher.

DEHN

So this is the basic structure and ideas, now I need to toghten everything up. Any ideas are welcome.

SCHEPPERZ

Pretty much done Piv 👍 The only thing that doesn’t work for me is that open hat with that longer envelope; tonal-wise I mean. It’s very static for me and I dig that shorter offbeat element at 4:40 more. I guess it’s the same 909 but a different envelope. That’s all 🙂 Cool switch in the second half into that rolling bassline. Hope that helps 🙂

DEHN

Thx, yeah the basic ideas is done, need to make more small details with kick and bass to keep it going. and some restructure with sounds so they get more introduced to the track. And finally some 30 seconds intro with all the sounds mangling and the kick/bass getting turned up slowly with a dj filter.

The 909 is an open and a closed one. Thats why one sounds shorter. I will have a look at those things also, its pretty basic as it is, so can go into details now with those things to get more groove into the track, also need to make some more variation in the rolling bassline to make it more groovy like the first part of the track.

DEHN

Did a little of that, and then some more of that, and intro somehow, and more blips and blops, and removed/moved some other ones, but not deleted them

SCHEPPERZ

Done

Ben Hunt

Missed all the previous versions, but this is sounding great to me.

Love the opening build up, and all the effects are sounding wicked. Done in my book.

DEHN

Thx guys. Really nervous about sending it to the label. I freaking hate being the one who gets released with my own stuff on other labels hahaha. Much easier to just have your own labels.

I’m not quite done with fx. Today it gtets rendered out from ableton, and over in logic, because logic got some native fx that can make it even more psychedelic, and also got some percussion sound chains i have made that only works in logic. But yeah should be done this weekend with the rest of the glitter stuff. But I think I managed to make it true to my oldschool style from +20 years ago.

Temple01

Hi Pv this sounding ace i like it great FX candy i like that intro, vocals fit well and nicely mixed i like that bass dropout at 2.55 area onwards sounds cool nice bass change at 4.51 and faster at 5.02 nice work mate..T

DEHN

Thx man, there will be an update later this week since I have now rendered all stems out and are about to mix it.

The small bass change is actually me making fun of the overused triplets in psytrance. That’s why it is so short and change over to the rolling bassline 🙂

Temple01

the bass thing works well gives a nice change in the track

DEHN

In the final stage of the track. Getting everything glued together so we can get some loudness into the track.
      Also doing small details here and there and later I’m digging into the hihats and snare/clap

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.