Niklab – Downpour

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Niklab – Downpour

last updated by AFL 6 months, 2 weeks ago
7 voices
9 replies
  • Author
      Nick Lavallee
      Participant

Alrighty! Last song for my next album! We made it woo!

I went into this with two goals, Dark and Minimal. No idea if I did it (almost definitely didn’t go minimal enough but oh well haha) but y’all will let me know.

I still have a lot of cleaning to do mix wise but this is where it’s at right now. Looking for general feedback, progression, ambience, sound design/cohesion, etc.

Thanks!

DJWhaters

Ok for me from the offset, I thought the gentler style of music was supposed to be quieter than FC 😀 it just feels a tad too loud for me for this style so turning the earphones down a notch 🙂

1.21 now it’s starting to move some and have some reel feel of energy to it.

1.58 I’m still feeling it, 2.28 still no issues, 2.53 kinda feels like a break of some description to rest the ears but if it is then I think everything level-wise needs to come down a tad before it swells back up at 3,32, not an expert in this stuff so might be how it’s supposed to be but personally I wanted the levels down a tad there.

4.16 new sounds coming in, I like this section a lot, best part of the track for me. 4.55/4.56 that sound left too suddenly you need to fade it out more so it’s not abrupt then go into the track fade/finish

Hope that helps, well made track fella

Nick Lavallee
        Participant

Thanks for listening! And for the feedback!

I’ll finagle the levels a bit more and work on quieting up some sections,  as for that final push/ sound, I could probably add a measure to show out to fade more but I kinda like the “surprise” of the current outro haha that and I really get squirrely as songs get closer to 6 minutes 😂

Temple01

Hey Nik NIce

0.00 intro i like the melodic bell synth from the off maybe this synth could be slightly lower in volume

1.18  when the beats kick in the bell synth vol feels right luving the bass line here

1.20 could the pad come down a touch here and wider?

1.52 luving the percs /beats super cool

2.25 nice micro edit here

2.49 felt pads too high in vol here they need to feel soft in the background i felt

3.32 niiice fill luv it

4.17 like this intro of new sound could this have been earlier in the track maybe as this is a great part and too short

great track really enjoyed it …T

Nick Lavallee
        Participant

Thank you for listening and for the feedback 😁

Sounds like I need to fix some levels and spacing, check ✔️ ill keep playing with it, thank you!

Denats
      Participant

Just had a listen, agree with what others have said about the levels, spacing worked for me, it just flowed by.

mr_melvis
      Participant

Def needs a look at levels, my UAD Apollo was ‘in the red’ right from the getgo.  I LOVE the rhythm change at 1:18 – cranks up the energy!  Energy change at 3:10 was needed – good placement.  Really dig the melodic voicing at 4:17 – great little melody line!

Nice work!

The Matt Schulz
      Participant

Instantly i agree with Mr. Whaters, i also had to turn my volume down for the track … it is loud.
      So i will focus on what i notice:
      1:42 i noticed some competing elements, but listening back a few times made me question myself on that
      2:24 that neuro bass can come up by quite bit
      Agree with Ian on that 4:55 sound, feels too sudden/sorta disconnected
      So nice tune, pay attention to your reverbs, from what i hear they are the main source of mixing “issues” in here … there are some spots here and there where they create some mud where it shouldn´t be
      Great track

DJWhaters

I can’t believe there was a lot of Matt agreement with me on this ha ha

AFL

Loving that plucky synth with those weird moving glitchy sounds in the background.

Nice and deep bass at the drop, your percs are always on point too.

Agree the levels in the intro could use some management but otherwise this is sounding tight.

You’ve got the dark vibe right but could strip back a few sounds/layers to make it more minimal if you wanted. The part at 2:24 is where it starts to become a bit more minimal sounding, if I’m honest though I don’t think it needs it. I love the sound design and would hate to limit what’s already here.

Nice work man,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.