mr_melvis – Dream State 5 V1

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback mr_melvis – Dream State 5 V1

last updated by AFL 6 months, 2 weeks ago
4 voices
6 replies
  • Author
      mr_melvis
      Participant

While I try to salvage Dream State 1, here’s one that came together pretty quickly and feels real good to me.  As always – any feedback is welcomed! https://on.soundcloud.com/cNeb3

Hushed Tones
      Participant

Truly a dreamy track. Snare and hats working really well. Strings are beautiful, piano progression has great emotion.

Subjectively, there is either a pitch bend or glide on the bass that messes my ears up. It might also be note progression, I can’t really tel, but I do notice it.

The double kick on the second drop also doesn’t work for me as it seems to skip and loses the smoothness.

love this piece!

mr_melvis
      Participant

Thanks Brother!  No slides or pitch bend on the bass – but I’ll try to listen for what you are hearing and see what it might be.  Double kick easy to fix!  Thanks again my friend!

The Matt Schulz
      Participant

Oh my god, Alex has a face 😀

The Matt Schulz
      Participant

On to the track: love the jazzy drum set, really smooth. Really nice tune … there are some little flute like sounds here and there (3:10 for reference), they could come up 1 or 2db´s so they catch the reverb better … i really like this one, smooooth as butter

The Matt Schulz
      Participant

Also, just an idea: you could use that piano bit from the breaks somewhere in the beat section as well, like from 3:55 ish and then for like 16 bars, just adding a little extra spice

AFL

Loving that pad sound, so dreamy for sure. I could use more thump to the kick but that might change the vibe to much (and I’m really nitpicking here). The piano sounds great and that bass is huge.

Nice track man

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.