Floor Supervisor – 1:30

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Floor Supervisor – 1:30

last updated by AFL 6 months ago
5 voices
8 replies
  • Author
      Floor Supervisor
      Participant

Hey all! I’m Joel aka Floor Supervisor. I’m brand new to We Talk Music and I’m so excited to be a part of a new community of producers!

I was born and raised in Chicago which highly influences my flavors in acid house and early 80s sound (even though I am still trying to fit in that wet, distorted sound). But yeah, I’m still trying to find my own voice in this music world. And I would love help with mixing tips, arrangement and musicality, and general how to make a club bang!

Hope this track peaks some critique and advice!

Hushed Tones
      Participant

This is Joel. He’s a homie I met recently. Has a nice underground style, all Chicago/Detroit flavor. I gave him some feedback, let’s see what you guys think of his new track.

P.S. His workflow is hardware. Tell us what pieces you work with JOEEEEEL

AFL

Great to have you here man! I’ll take a listen to this asap, I’m sure you’ll get more ears on it soon too.

I’d be interested to hear what hardware you’re rocking with too?

Floor Supervisor
        Participant

I’m working with the TD-3 and the microkorg! As well as drum samples from old analog gear.

PR23
      Participant

Hi Joel, welcome to the group! ok, on to the track…

First feeling was the kick lacked body.

0.15 the acid line is cool but when the sub layer comes in here it doesn’t feel well defined..maybe separate the sub from the main/mid layer and process it differently.

0.31 the new bell like synth comes in loud, maybe fade it in more.

1.02 I like the hats here

the ‘bells’ sound could use some modulation/filtering to keep it interesting.

1.26 good that you open up the stereo field…it’s all a bit centered up to now.

3.33 like the dub chords, though maybe you can bring in this element earlier?

OK, it’s a good start, I like your sound as I’m a sucker for acid…

Overall feeling is it lacks low end, there’s a lot going on in the same frequency range. Look forward to more of this.

Floor Supervisor
        Participant

Thank you for the reply! Definitely a lot of helpful points here that I definitely hear in the track. It’s nice to have them explained with detail. Hope to update you on this soon.

SCHEPPERZ

Hey mate, welcome to the group 👋 Paul has already made very good points. Overall I like the groove the most you have going in that track. These transitions here and there (e.g. 3:18 or 3:25) are bit abrupt and could be smoother for my taste. I also wished those percs could have appeared 8 – 16 beats earlier the first time. That nice 303 was a touch too loud compared to the kick. I agree about that bell-ish sound. Towards the end around the 5 minute mark it gets repetitive as well as the percs. Anyway, that’s a good starting point for my taste. I would shorten that track by 30 to 60 seconds and bring those chords earlier and implement some variations on those percs (adsr envelope wise or new patterns). Nice job so far 🙂

Floor Supervisor
        Participant

Thanks! Great to have some more ears on it. I’ll be working on all this soon!

AFL

Nothing helps more than having other ears on a project, especially when they can explain it so well like these guys.

Can’t wait for the next version!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.