Members

dshoka – guilt

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback dshoka – guilt

8 voices
13 replies
  • Author
      dshoka
      Participant

Trying this again in the right place, please bear with me. Here‘s some downtempo breakbeat electro inspired by hard times. Have no idea how the levels sound as I need some new listening gear, I’m winging it just to stay productive and utilize emotionally driven ambition. If it sounds like crap at least I made something if anything. Any helping ears and opinions are appreciated.

Denats
      Participant

hey mate, I think the link hasn’t displayed correctly. I can’t play the track.

dshoka
      Participant

Links not working here, maybe it’s not meant to be shared

Denats
      Participant

Are you sharing one of the shortened soundcloud links I “think” theres an issue with those. Using the “copy Link” button has worked for me:

AFL

Managed to listen to this via the FB link and damn it’s great. I’ll find a way to get this posted in here for the others to hear and will try to leave some feedback tomorrow.

We Talk Music Online
      Keymaster

It’s because he posted the phone link with all the bells and whistles that comes with those links

AFL

The work around I found for that when posting mine from my phone, though it was a pain, was to open SoundCloud in browser rather than the app (the pain was it kept trying to open the app lol) and copy the link there.

We Talk Music Online
          Keymaster

Working on getting our own upload in here, should solve the problem 🙂

SCHEPPERZ

Hey mate, that’s a cool first sketch. Yeah the levels aren’t there yet. Especially that clap / snare in the first half and those bass stabs and some percs here and there. What you can do temporarily with even cheap headphones is to switch to mono and listening to the mix with the quietest volume possible and mix from there. That’s what I am doing with my 20 bucks JBL headphones if I don’t want to use Sonarworks.

AFL

Really digging this track. You can really feel the emotion in it.

The chords are great with their slow attack and the occasional keys add something perfect to the vibe.

For the kick I’d like more presence in the higher end, like more “knock”. They have good thump and low end. Same with the snare I feel like it could use a little more fullness, if that makes sense.

The 808 bass is tight and I really like that extra bass synth that comes in a bit later in the track.

The use of the Vanilla Ice vocal is cool, took me a min to place it until I heard him say collaborate lol

Great work though, excited to here more.

Denats
      Participant

Just had a listen, really great idea and lots of potential. Bit of work just getting everything in the right space / levelm will really help.

Nice work man

mr_melvis
      Participant

The vibe of the track is very cool – slightly dangerous feel, dark…  I think when you address levels and mix issues, this is gonna be a really great track, no BS!  Keep Going – work with what you have – talent wins over tech!

Temple01

Hi liking this has a great vibe i like the string part sounds good, nice beats to and the vocals fit well i like its simplicity as a song but it works very well good work mate..T

The Matt Schulz
      Participant

This is a vibe … simple and delicious. So, the levels are obviously not correct, BUT: as soon as you got proper listening gear again, don´t fiddle too much with it, because in parts it is the raw and unpolished vibe which makes this great … vocal still could use some fx though, it stands out quite dry against the rest, to me at least 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.