Members

Denats – Lot of Machines

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Denats – Lot of Machines

6 voices
8 replies
  • Author
      Denats
      Participant

Managed to navigate the aussie internet and get logged in here. Here’s something I’m not sure about so throwing it out to see what people think of it:

Interested in all the usual thoughts

DJWhaters

Sounds like Bounce 😀

It may be my ears because I’ve just finished putting a set together but to me, everything sounds overly compressed in the first 1min so I will see what others say but mention it anyway.

The vocals are cool, the breakdown was on point, 3min mark hoping for something else to happen so it’s not repetitive, and glad you lost the vocal chops.

The second break is again nice, vocals after this fit nicely, Hats for me are nothing special, maybe add a bit of movement on them or even a second layer?

5.07 I like this section but I personally wouldn’t have brought the vocals in so soon, maybe wait a bar then bring them in so you have changes in the rhythm and at the 6min mark lose them altogether and play it out

that’s my feedback mate

Denats
        Participant

Awesome thanks mate, thats really helpful. Really appreciate the arrangement ideas 🙏

mr_melvis
      Participant

I dig the vocals in here – really good placement and tone.  I’m missing the deep ‘Denats Bass’…  😉  I do agree with Ian’s take on the end part of the track – changing the timing of the vocals dropping out would make things seem a little smoother.  Always good work Bro – keep going!

The Matt Schulz
      Participant

Hmm, i kinda want a deep subbass in this, playing just one note in the offbeats  every other bar with some syncopations here and there … i also think that what Ian is picking up as overcompressed actually is that topend of that gnarly bassline. There is also some dirt involved on that clap sound, could be a layered sound playing with the clap. That interferes with the topend of that bassline and clogs up the frequencies there … in case you were going for exactly that, this comment will destroy itself in 30seconds.
      That lead sound, this bleep sound, could come up a little more and catch a little more reverb … but really i am picky here, this is heading in a very good direction

Hushed Tones
      Participant

Funky vibe here as per Denats style.

My critique is mostly mixing.

The intro seems muddy from either them vocal sample coming in, or the bass. There is noise after the intro that I think could be EQed out. The main vocal could be more sparse, or chopped up more for my taste. It also seems lost in the mix or just muddy. The drums seem static too, some variation or modulation to taste would work wonders to keep it engaging. Love the composition, the ear candy, and the synth. Awesome tune.

Denats
      Participant

Thanks @Mr_Melvis, @The Matt Shultz and @Hushed Tones, really helpful. Appreciate the listen.

AFL

That kinda voice sounding thing that slowly comes in during the beginning tripped the tf out. I kept taking my headphones off thinking someone was in my apartment talking hahaha

Nice and bouncy, it’s got a kind of Mr Oizo vibe to the beat on this one that I dig.

Has a lot potential, just some tweaks to the mix mostly. It’s got a vibe and a direction so I wouldn’t change much as far as instrumentation etc just some leveling and eq’ing maybe. I think cleaning up of low frequencies in the voice might help a little. I do love that vocal you used though, lol good choice.

Denats
        Participant

Thanks mate, really apppreciated.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.