Members

Ben Hunt – Matador

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Ben Hunt – Matador

last updated by PR23 3 months, 3 weeks ago
7 voices
11 replies
  • Author
      Ben Hunt

Another new one from me, bit more of a techy house vibe I guess…

Any feedback welcome as always, feel like the mix isn’t in a bad place but my ears could well be deceiving me.

We Talk Music Online
      Keymaster

This was really good!.

At first I thought the kick had a little too much lowmid, but when the track began to flow it worked great.
      It really felt like a story, my only complaint is that I wanted the vocal to come back in the last part. It felt empty now that you had a break with it.
      And nice to see a track that goes beyond the 6 minutes. Slow burners should have length in my opinion.

Oh yeah, don’t know what you didn’t do to this mix, but compared to your other mixes, this feels organic and not squashed.

SCHEPPERZ

Yeah I am with Piv. The storytelling is super in this one and I’ve also had the feeling the low end were slightly too dominant in the mix but that vanished throughout the track. The first time I listened I wanted that vocal (2:07) more audible and I somehow expected (or wanted to hear) a classic offbeat hat at 3:15 (which I thought would fit really well here). Anyway this is a great track Ben 👍

Ben Hunt

Thanks both, super helpful.

I automated the kick’s click (klick?) as it felt a bit too much at the start, so I bought it up when the track steps into gear, but may have overegged it initially which is why it sounds a bit much in the lows – will take another look.

Not 100% on the arrangement at the mo, so may look at adding another 30-60 seconds and doing something with one of the vocals outside the breakdown.

DEHN

Yeah you can easily add a minute more. After the break it felt more like an outro, so something with the vocals would keep the peak that the break kind of made me expect it to do.

Ben Hunt

Here’s V2 – extended a few bits and kept the vox from the 2nd breakdown going into the drop. Possibly / almost certainly did some mix tweaks too….

Been asked to send some demos to a label I’m really into, and probably going to include this in the playlist, so let me know if anything sounds horribly wrong.

Hushed Tones
      Participant

Hi Ben!

I’m in awe of this composition. Kept me engaged the whole time. The length is just right. I only have a couple notes:

– downbeat hi hat seems really quiet, and could use either a couple db or a little crunch to spice it up.

– acid synth gets a little spiky when you open the filter. Notable one was 2:27 ish.

– vocal could either be pushed back a little or brought down a db or two.

I want a copy of this when it’s finished. Absolute beauty!

Ben Hunt

Thanka a lot man. Will take a look at those notes, I always tend to go a bit too spiky on my 303s!

Hushed Tones
      Participant

I WANT MY COPYYYYYYY PLS. Is it done yet?

Temple01

Hi Ben Liking this chugger the Kick sounds nice loving the synth at 1.05 has a nice acid bleep vibe really like this track the vocals are cool great track kept me engaged throughout

Ben Hunt

Cheers you two.

Alex, I’m going to try my luck with a few labels for it, but I’ll PM you a copy as it stands if you like (have updated the link with the changes you suggested.)

PR23
      Participant

Started listening to V1, switched to V2…great track, cool flow to it, kept my attention throughout. Mix sounds solid, obviously it lacks a country and western section in the middle but apart from that it’s a winner!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.