• 37 minutes ago

Members

Ben Hunt- Bursting Out

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Ben Hunt- Bursting Out

8 voices
8 replies
  • Author
      Ben Hunt

Put this one together the other day while I had an afternoon off, and after a few tweaks today thought I’d share it to get some thoughts. Slow building acid number with a nagging riff, does it work over the running time or need anything else adding / changing?

(Hope this link works, lets see….)

SCHEPPERZ

Nice chugger I do think you call them šŸ‘ Listened on completely different monitors this time. Kick could be a bit warmer down there, meaning Iā€˜d add some lower harmonics. Maybe that 303 could filtered down a bit at certain points (e.g when there was ~3 minutes left), just to keep the story interesting. I love using the free ladder filter by Kilohearts for that purpose. Really smooth filter. Levels arenā€™t there yet but that can be neglected in that state. Keen on the next version šŸ™‚

DEHN

My thoughts is that the kick got too much knock. And I think that is why Scheppers think it could be warmer. try take some of the knock off and raise the kick a few db, it disappears when the climax comes on, and a multiband on that 303 would probably do wonders šŸ™‚

Great track and looking forward to hear the progress

The Matt Schulz
      Participant

So i wonĀ“t say anything about the kick … not even a knock knock joke, its all been said. This one is very UK-ish if thats a thing … no notes on mixing, since its an early stage still. So: what caught my ear is that chord stab that comes in the first break … something does not feel right with this one, maybe it needs some filtering or a slight tweak on the sounddesign, track instantly improves when the other lead takes over 2:50ish. 303 can use more movement and “spice” … make it dirty, the squelch is there. Nice idea

AFL

Great slo-mo vibe on this one. That 303 sounds excellent right from the start and the slow build is great. I like the ping pong delay on the snare.

I like the stab but agree it could use some filtering perhaps.

Great vocal stab and that synth that comes in right around 2:49 is really cool. Kind of grainy is the only way I can describe it but I like it.

Great work over all man

Ben Hunt

Thats all for the feedback, here’s V2.

Have taken a big chunk of growly sub out of the bassline which has hopefully opened up the mix a bit, also took Piv’s advice on the kick and took some knock out of it. Added more filtering to the bass, and added some ear candy bits as well as a new moogy riff in the 2nd half to try and keep things interesting.

Mainly looking for comments on the mix at this stage, think my ears are a bit fried on it….

DJWhaters

nice use of vocals to go into the first break at 1.30 mark, for me all that big build up at around the 2.10 mark then it just didnt hit hard enough for me, maybe the style?

2.40 starting to want something new as getting same same feeling- there it is, šŸ˜€

4.56 to 7.18 that has to be the longest outra I have ever heard haha – Ā solid work Ben, nothing stands out as wrong, sure I found a couple of sections a bit too long but that’s the style and my head getting used to long tracks – well done fella

PR23
      Participant

Chuggingly chugsome in a chuggy kind of way…

listened to V1 as I read the comments, then realised there was a V2 so listening to that now…

cool 303,

0.38 first impresion is the snare sounds a bit sharp, maybe just volume, or EQ it a bit..

4.21 not a fan of the octave switch in the melody here…I’d keep it as it was.

it’s long so maybe some more filtering and changes toĀ  the 303.

ok, it’s a solid track, nice sound design, i like it . Mix is good.

Temple01

Hi Ben Love this Chugger haha really like the raise in tension then drop to release in this arrangement the acid is ace i like the thump in the kick my fave part was 2.50 were it drops to that nice release with the rolling topĀ  synth great work mate

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear ā€œGreat broā€, or ā€œThis is shitā€. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
Itā€™s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Donā€™t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.