Members

AFL – Love Craft

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback AFL – Love Craft

last updated by AFL 3 months, 2 weeks ago
7 voices
11 replies
  • Author
      AFL

Here is another new one I’ve put together this weekend. Sticking with the slo-mo synthwave style.

https://soundcloud.com/afl-wips/rings-of-jupiter/s-FSEw7enuiwX?si=341d2594cf5740a9ad7dc64ab5f21d3b&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

I’m thinking of doing a few more of these for a little EP, we’ll see if I can keep up the momentum.

DEHN

Really like it, more simple than your usual stuff.

The bass bugged me though, it was too much that (hard to explain) It had that metallic sound to it that ddin’t fit with the track. I would simply go for a more normal bass sound and less dominant.

SCHEPPERZ

Yeah I get what Piv meant about the bass; it sounds a bit phase-ish and thin but apart from that I dig the vibe. Cool stuff John, keen on the next version!

mr_melvis
      Participant

Hi John!  The track (to me) def has 70s electronic music vibe to it!  Simplified, not too busy – good stuff!  The bass could use some work (as others have noted), but I think you are heading in a good direction.  Keep it up!

AFL

Thanks for listening guys! These are the notes I needed, I’ll get to work on a revision asap.

And yeah I’m going for old school 70s/80s vibe in these for sure.

AFL

Alright here is v2. I’ve taken your guys advice and changed to a simpler bassline sound, more synth sound that grindy hard bass. Done some little edits here and there, I want to keep it relatively simple.

Also changed the name

Taïb
      Participant

I like how happy it is,

Starting at minute 3:27 to 3:53 it seems like there is loss of amplitude on the synth maybe due to sidechaining. Is that intentional ? if so thats great but it seemed to me like a mistake.

Otherwise the track is super solid and wide

PR23
      Participant

cool track, has a good flow to it. I didn’t hear V1 so I don’t know what the bassline was like before but it sounds good here. Nothing stands out in the mix, so that’s good!

AFL

Alright, bringing this one back. Not a lot has changed aside from boosting the previously mentioned synth part and adding in a vocal chop.

Let me know how the chop works.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by AFL.
      SCHEPPERZ

I really like that track idea John! That synth has a huge amount of stereo information which let the track feel very cloudy in the low mids. I just recorded a snippet and tested bass mono frequency to 500 Hz for fun and it sounded better. Not saying one needs that much but just a bit less would give those other elements more space to breathe 🙂

Ben Hunt

Vocal chops sound really good to me John, I hadn’t read your comment about them and thought they were a great addition to the track when they came in.

See what Schepperz means about the side info, but can’t say it bothered me or I’d have spotted it without it being mentioned. Think it works ok with the synthwave style, though if you’re going for a more clubby approach you could maybe tone it  down a bit. Similarly thought the kick could do with a touch more punch for dancefloors, though again works well with the synthwave genre, so guess it depends what you’re going for.

Long winded way of saying great track.

AFL

Thanks guys! I’ll mess around with that idea @schepperz and see how I feel about it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.