Skip to content
Profile Photo

WTMO-Track Feedback

• Public Group
  • 9 hours, 5 minutes ago

Ren.Tek – Sit in Silence (WIP)

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Ren.Tek – Sit in Silence (WIP)

6 voices
11 replies
  • Author
      Ren.Tek
      Participant

Hi everyone!

I was in the Discord. Have just signed up here today.

This is the latest thing I’ve been working on, and only the second track I’ve had time to finish (almost!) since moving from Reason to Ableton.

I guess the style would be melodic breaks. Its 124bpm in Eb minor. I’d love to get your opinions on it, especially the structure and clarity of the mix. Also… would you dance to it?

Thanks! 🙂

PR23
      Participant

Hello Ren.Tek…welcome to the group here….the link doesn’t work, you have to use the long link on SoundCloud to post your track here.

PR23
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Appropriate song name as I was sitting in silence as I tried the link….</p>

Ren.Tek
        Participant

Appropriate song name as I was sitting in silence as I tried the link….

Fair enough, lol.

Can’t seem to get the link to work. Which one exactly do I have to use… sorry!

Ren.Tek
      Participant

Hooray! I made it work!

PR23
      Participant

Ha ha, I’ve just done the same and posted a link that can’t be opened, I still get it wrong myself sometimes, when I get it clear I’ll let you know…

DEHN

Welcome 🙂

The link option from the Soundcloud app is a mess. It kind of only works on phones because they fill it with tracking cookies, it was never to be a embedded link in a forum 🙂

shorten link is also a mess since it is a redirect link. And those got problems being embedded. It is a simple as just posting the normal link and the post will automatically convert it so you can play it directly here.

Now your track:

This was really great, I was totally gone in the “story” of the track, all though a little short. But when you get to know me, you will find out that im in the opposite and make really long tracks.  As for the mixing. My main thing was that it felt like the drums were mixed a little low, and I would like them to be a little more in focus. Not like some drum breakbeat track. Just a tiny more to get them up in the mix.

Really great track, should be 9 minutes long hahaha. Again welcome to the group, and feel free to ask about anything

DEHN

Oh yeah and bonus points for the oldschool voice sample. I was back in the late 80’s

Ben Hunt

Hi and welcome.

Great track. I agree with Piv, it could easily be double the length, sounds lush though, nothing stood out in the mix for me, just wanted it longer, which is a definite compliment. Nice work!

Temple01

Hi Ren Tek Great track really like this one great sound on the bass nice drums vocals fit well and the melodies fit i really like the bass lines especially around 2.30 area really cool, i see you moved from reason, i have also used reason a lot in past i kinda lie to use it every now and then as it always make me write differently i often use the reason vst 3 in ableton which is great especially using the reason midi out to control a pluging in ableton when sometimes using the many players available in reason it gets knocked but for me its a great daw to use nice work here tho i enjoyed ..Tim

Ren.Tek
      Participant

Hi! Thank you so much for the feedback! I have to say, I usually lean more towards 6 or 7 minutes track length, but this time I wanted to experiment with a more pop\radio format. Perhaps I should strech it out to a 12″ club mix.

Regarding the drums volume, I agree, I’m still toying a bit with the track levels. I wonder if it’s the programmed drums or the Think Break loop that needs more presence in the mix, or maybe it’s the whole drum bus that needs a little boost to sit better with the low end.

PS. Reason will always hold a place in my heart, it’s the DAW I learned on and I would never knock it. But I found myself increasingy using 3rd party pugins until Reason became little more than a sequencer for me. As I was subscribed to Reason+, it didn’t make much sense to carry on, so I traded in the subscription for Splice.

Thanks again peeps! I really appreciate your feedback!

Scott – Kenada
      Participant

Bass and low-end sound deep and clear; nice work!
      Only edits I’d be making would be to the main female vocal. It’s a bit thinner than it could be. Saturation and parallel compression, and maybe a parallel doubler, will help that.
      Great work!

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.