PR23 Cloud 9

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback PR23 Cloud 9

5 voices
5 replies
  • Author
      PR23
      Participant

SCHEPPERZ

Buen día Paul, glad to hear something new! I really liked the groove the most and those 303 sounds, like 1:42 (which is a tad too loud for my taste though). That section at ~1:00 felt strange (even the second time listening), when that clap and cowbell showed up for one beat and then disappeared to come back 10 seconds later for another beat. But let’s wait for other’s feedback:) That transition into the break (~2:58) would be smoother with a good amount of reverb. I really liked the switch to broken beat kick pattern after the break. Didn’t expect that but it worked for me. For some reason I wished a more audible transient on the kick in that section though. In the last third the 303 gets a little far away, compared to the percs. Being really super picky though. Cool stuff so far Paul 👍

PR23
      Participant

Thanks Michael…I managed not to post the notes I’d written on the track somehow. I know the section at 1.00 is a bit odd when the new perc comes in, it’s something I was going to change anyway. I just thought I’d post the track as is to get some feedback before changing it. I am still unsure about the drop, like it needs something more still. There are some volume and EQ adjustments that need dealing with too. Ok, thanks for the listen!

Ben Hunt

Killer groove Paul.

I personally found the knock on the kick a bit much, but could just be my taste

Change up at 1.35 is really cool.

There’s a few sections as mentionned where the percussion came in, went away then came back again really quickly, which was a bit distracting. Think the flow could be improved by bringing the elements in seperately and building on them rather than the switch ups.

Breaks section was great, I feel it could be a bit longer though, then build up a bit more to the 4/4 returning.

Really solid start, I think with a few arrangement tweaks it will be pretty much there.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Ben Hunt.
      DEHN

Damn this is good. Those 303 are super cool. I agree with the knock on the kick, take that down and it’s pretty much done.

Temple01

Hi Paul Nice and punchy the kick is banging i like the 303s here nice build at the intro i felt as mentions the 1.00 area with the clap in and out i think should just keep it in for the build up. ahh nice at 1.43 luvin this aciiid !! nice !! the 2.17 area with clap cutting and back in is ok but it need something to balance it perhaps another snare/clap sound in some fill to work again the claps cutting out, nice breakdown at 3.09 i like and build up and the breakbeat build here to the drop nice work mate..T

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.