• 8 hours, 49 minutes ago

Kenada – Love Will Be Back

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Kenada – Love Will Be Back

5 voices
6 replies
  • Author
      Scott – Kenada
      Participant

…and so am I. It’s been a funky start to this year with work, so I’ve not had the time nor inspiration to make any music. Bummer.
      Finally finished something that’s worth getting feedback on. Tribal Deep House would be the genre if you had to pin me down.

Open to any and all thoughts on structure, sound, mixing etc. Is this one ready?

Cheers fellas!

Scott

SCHEPPERZ

Hey Scott, welcome back! I love the work on the percussion the most. Really good groove overall 👍 The low end has proper meat. I get what Ian means by the vocals being too thin, it has a touch of sounding too hollow. Wished it would be also more clear, what they’re saying (as it’s the main player for me). There are some elements fighting for space here and there (e.g. 4:29 when the vocal, synth and the pad are playing at the same time. So in short a bit of work in the tonal balance and on the vocal. Hope that helps 🙂  P.S. Missing some good old Kenada detuning 😁 P.P.S Best to keep the updates in this forum thread instead of the public feed, as it gets lost fast.

Ben Hunt

Welcome back Scott.

Great groove and percussion work. Love the gated synth (at least assume its that) at 2.05ish.

I found the kick a bit knocky (that seems to be a bugbear of mine at the moment, so take that with a pinch of salt) but it seems to clash a bit with some of the other percs, so a bit of eq work on one or the other could help. Arrangment-wise its totally there.

DEHN

I think it is you who have seen the light 😀 and yeah those knocks on the kicks are dangerous for the the mix.

I agree with you 🙂 it’s a common thing in the mixes in here, including my own, that we push those kicks to much

Temple01

Hey Scott good to see you back buddy liking this track the percussion is great i can here what Ben has suggested about the kick maybe it has too much click something a bit deeper may work this track has a nice deep house feel the bass is nice i like the gated synths too really fits well nice work mate..T

DEHN

We need an update!

Scott – Kenada
      Participant

Hey Guys, really appreciate the notes, sorry about the absence and slow reply. Yep, the kick was off, I made some edits to that, the vocals and the mix in general. Pretty happy with where I landed here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.