Members

Hale Bopp – Zwen Bleach Remix

Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Hale Bopp – Zwen Bleach Remix

4 voices
7 replies
  • Author
      Zwen Bleach
      Participant

Started with a comment from someone on my previous track that it had a “der dritte raum” feeling.

Well that got stuck in my head and I listened to Hale Bopp a lot and decided I wanted to make a remix ๐Ÿ™‚

Still an early version, needs more work, what do you think?

AFL

Nice groove and layers to the arp. There is this really cool lower synth sound playing in that that I would love to hear more of.

Nice additions of the perc at :59, makes a good change up. It might be a little loud in the mix but it doesn’t bother me.

Very cool synth work throughout. Around 2:15 to 2:28. And that transition sound right at 2:28 is awesome. I’d almost love to hear that when no heat, just that sound and then slam the best back in.

Nice work man, looking forward to more.

Zwen Bleach
      Participant

Thanks for listening and the feedback AFL

I’m exited about this one and couldn’t stop working on it ๐Ÿ™‚

here is a long version, think it’s close to finished, sounds good to me now as it is, will need to let my ears rest now

ps. the transition sound is added a couple of times, to transition and in the drop ๐Ÿ˜‰

SCHEPPERZ

Sounding good to me overall ๐Ÿ‘ย  For my taste the kick could cut through mix a bit more and the synth instead a bit quieter. I also find the clap sounds a bit dry and gets a touch too repetitive until that long break (which itself was a tad too long for me, but that’s the genre I guess). I hoped for something unique in the second half as it almost sounded identical prior the long break, but I am really super picky. The second time I am now listening to, it gets harder to find something to improve. In short maybe some shifts in tonal balance and slightly more sidechaining on the kick. Hope that helps ๐Ÿ™‚ Good stuff!

Zwen Bleach
      Participant

Will have a listen to that kick, had a similar comment in my previous track also, I guess it’s my setup. The dry clap is a reference to the original, had it wet in the beginning but for interaction with the famous melody didn’t work. Now listening in the morning the intro to the break is a bit long, the break itself I kinda like long (I always do long break) but I will shorten the intro to the break, think that will help.

Thanks for listening and for the feedback Schepperz, much appreciated!

Zwen Bleach
      Participant

so, I’m still exited!!!

a lot has changed to track

– kick + sidechain

– melody now in different parts : intro + mid section + outro1 + outro2

– added extra element in the end

– adjusted clap

– mini break

– some rearragements

So it should be better now in storytelling, less repetitive in melody and more groovy ๐Ÿ™‚

Hoping for some of your good ears to get me to the moon!

DEHN

Very true to the original track. I’m so lucky to have experienced it live a few times. I think the mix is spot on, sounds like the original with the muddy mids that fits perfectly the moment the synths begin to cycle around the beat.

So as a fan of this evergreen track and have listened and played it as dj countless times, I would say this is done.

SCHEPPERZ

Great update mate – done ๐Ÿค˜

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear โ€œGreat broโ€, or โ€œThis is shitโ€. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
Itโ€™s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Donโ€™t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.